Brown Lady

Brown Lady
Ghost on Staircase

Saturday, October 18, 2008

First Post

Ghosts. Just what are they exactly? Are ghosts real? Or are they simply created by over-active imaginations trying to explain some sound, vision, or other phenomenon?

Honestly, I don't know. I want to know. I would love to believe whole-heartedly that ghosts are real, but I can't. At the same time, however, I'm not a total skeptic. My mind is open to the possibility of ghosts. What would it take to convince me that ghosts are real?

First, seeing is believing. If I saw a ghost, face to face, I'd believe it. Aside from my own experience, the only other thing that would convince me that ghosts are real is a good amount of tangible evidence that would pass muster in most courts. I say most courts because there are some skeptics out there who would refuse to believe in Big Foot if it were dragging them into the forest kicking and screaming.

Ok, so now you know where I stand. I'm on the fence, so to speak. But I do love this topic. I read about ghosts and ghost hunting all the time. One of my favorite shows is Ghost Hunters on the Sci-Fi channel. I like their style of investigation. They don't go creeping around some dark, scary place with a psychic who describes things we can't see or hear. No, the crew from TAPS attempts to gather tangible evidence -- evidence that can be shared, debated, discussed, and examined in detail. Does all of their evidence survive scrutiny over time? No, but there are a few tidbits they have captured that I would put on the "ghosts are real" side of the scales.

Well, this is my first small entry. If anyone out there is scanning through all the blogs and stumbles across this one, please leave me a note. What do you think about ghosts?

GhostMoon

No comments: